Coordinates: 40 ° 37'52.62 '' N | 9th 43'11.32 '' E
Altitude: 37 m.s.l.m.
Surface area: 32.77 sq. Km
Posada is one of the most ancient Sardinian inhabited centers. The discovery (in the '20s) of a statuette represented an Ercole Italico of the V-IV century a.C. together with the discovery of finds of the same period, it testifies to the presence of man since ancient times.
In fact, Posada was an Italic-Etruscan center, probably connected to the first attempt of colonization of Sardinia implemented by the Romans already in the Punic era.
The period after the Roman conquest of Sardinia (238 BC) is marked in this area by the creation (or, more likely, the enlargement) of Portus Liquidonis (or Portus Luguidonis) which had location in San Giovanni, in the cove next to it to the Aragonese tower.
It is interesting to note that Posada was at the time a lively exchange center with indoor markets, serving as an intermediate stop with Olbia; in fact Olbia reached the large tonnage ship coming from Ostia and other Tyrrhenian ports, and from Olbia continued with nimble boats for the Portus Liquidonis, where it would have been disembarked to continue by land to the Nuorese along the valleys that border Mount Albo. . The nautical course was extremely perilous, given the shape of the coasts, rocky, with countless rocky outcrops and lashed by a tremendous Mistral or Scirocco wind; the Romans, therefore, predicted realistically, and consequently already calculated, a loss of a third of the traveling ship between these two destinations, which in reality are about thirty nautical miles away from each other.
In the waters of the Gulf of Posada, fishermen of the mid-twentieth century have reported numerous findings of marble and bronze works, statues and other works presumably intended for the furnishing of residences of representatives of the City. These findings, in the lack of awareness of their potential value, were simply moved to non-navigable areas or to the open sea, as their primary requirement was to safeguard the networks.
The age of the Sardinian judges, which goes from the ninth century to the fifteenth century, saw Posada almost constantly in a difficult situation of borderland, at the southern limit of the Giudicato di Gallura (of which he was a curatoria) and to the superior of the Arborea.
To this must be the construction of the castle of Fava (XII century), later called "multis proeliis clarum" and the fortification of the town with more walls, of which only the highest survives.
Fallen in 1410 Arborea, the last Sardinian Judge, Posada would soon be enfeoffed by the House of Aragon to the Carroz, counts of Mandas and Terranova (1431), also formally elevated to the rank of Barony (it was already, at least territorially, from about a century) and organized as the capital of that grouping of villages that naturally would have been referred to: Torpè, Siniscola, Lodè.
Today in the municipality of Posada falls a part of the territory of the Regional Natural Park of Tepilora, Sant'Anna and Rio Posada which houses the valley of the river of the same name up to its mouth.
The Posada valley, practically created by alluvial sedimentation at the mouth of the Rio Posada, contains numerous points of naturalistic interest and is a constant destination for hikers and nature lovers.
Posada has become an important tourist center thanks to its Natural Park, its long and very clean beaches and its historic center which makes it unique in Sardinia.
It is possible to enjoy a holiday in complete relaxation, doing trekking, canoeing, cycling, walking, sea and beach as well as numerous restaurants and clubs that can certainly brighten up your holiday.
The proximity to the S.S. 131 branch North Center allows a proximity to the airport and the port of Olbia that can be reached in less than thirty minutes, as well as more or less at the same time you can get to Nùoro.
We thank for the information: Wikipedia